Follow your Asthma Action Plan.
Take your preventer medications everyday if prescribed.
- Keep windows open for fresh air, unless high pollen/pollution days - see Met Office Pollen forecasts
- Use extractor fans in bathrooms and kitchen to avoid damp and mould build-up
- Reduce dust mites - see dust mite info in aeroallergens section
- Avoid air borne chemicals such as from aerosols, sprays, high VOC/fragranced cleaning products
- Don't smoke - see smoking cessation section
- Keep heaters, boilers an cookers regularly serviced
- Air filters/purifiers with HEPA filter can be useful. Dehumidifiers, ionisers, diffusers are not recommended
- Follow your Asthma Action plan
- Always take your preventer inhalers/medicines if prescribed them
- If you are particularly affected by pollution, stay away from high pollution areas such as busy roads, bus stations, car parks
- Check pollution forecasts in your area if going out and affected by pollution - see DEFRA's UK Air forecasts
- Avoid going out on days when there are high pollen counts - see Met Office Pollen forecasts