Your Clinic Appointment
Before your Appointment:
- Please bring with you to your appointment your medications, spacers, and Peak flow diary.
- Also bring a list of any questions you might have to help you understand your asthma or suspected asthma.
After your Appointment:
- Make sure you feel comfortable of how to use your inhalers, spacers and medications - if you're still not sure, review this website for more tips ("How to Guides"), and make an appointment with your GP and/or Practice Asthma Nurse.
- If you have any known or suspected triggers that make your chest worse - have a look at the "Triggers" section in this website.
- Make sure you share your Personalised Asthma/Wheeze Action Plan with your nursery/school/work/carers, and keep a copy in an easy to see place, such as on your fridge door.
- Keep a record in your diary when your medication runs out or expires, so you never miss any doses. Asking your GP about repeat presriptions early will help you have easier access to your medications.
- If you or anyone in your family smokes cigarettes (even if not in the home), have a look at the "Triggers" section for smoking cessation advice, or see your GP or Pharmacist.