- Use distraction methods such as videos, music, games or toys.
- Use praise and even a reward sticker chart to help encourage your child.
- Try not to force the mask on their face - try to encourage and reassure, and make it as least frightening as possible.
- Take out the inhaler and give your child their spacer to play with and even role-play on their teddies or favourite doll to make it more fun.
- Lastly, did you know you can also use their inhaler and spacer whilst they are asleep without needing to wake them up first!